[permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] The Organic Elite Surrenders to Monsanto: WhatNow?

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 28 13:45:34 EST 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] [permaculture] The Organic Elite Surrenders to
Monsanto: WhatNow?
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:05:08 -0500
From: Michael Astera <michael.astera at GMAIL.COM>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

Brian-

There are already plenty of laws on the books that allow a person to sue
for economic damages; they go back to biblical and English Common Law.
The problem does not lie in a lack of laws, it lies in a corrupt
government and legal system that is owned and controlled by the highest
bidder.

I say forget the laws, the government, and the corrupt legal system.
There is no chance whatsoever of winning anything more than a small
temporary victory against them that will quickly be overturned by the
next highest court.

Set private standards that the GMOs and NPK chemical growers simply
won't be able to match and let them play catch-up.

Granted, there are a lot of organic growers who will have to make some
changes to meet an actual standard of nutritional quality but I think
that's all to the good.

Michael Astera
http://soilminerals.com