[permaculture] about 20 china pheasants out my window

wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 2 04:30:28 EST 2011

--- On Sun, 1/2/11, paul wheaton <paul at richsoil.com> wrote:

> But what are the capitalist opportunities in making youtube
> videos?
> So far it just costs me gobs of money.

I do not think that Youtube is yet a mature enough technology to benefit from monetisation, but that does not mean that your work cannot be providing financial returns.

I can remember when I did my PDC at Geoff Lawton's place, he was mailing out about fifty DVDs a week, all of them being excellent PR for his courses.

http://permaculture.org.au/store/dvds_1.htm

Why not put together a compilation of all your great clips and then sell them on DVD to folks that do not have access to youtube?

You could always approach a professional production company with the view to using all the footage that you have as part of a longer documentary.  Homesteading type shows are getting more and more popular by the day.

I am sure that we can think of lots more innovative opportunties if we put our minds to it.

Chris