[permaculture] Site analysis tools

wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk wenshidi at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 01:07:37 EDT 2010

I have been asked to put together a site analysis and I want to make it as accurate and informative as possible.  I am using transparencies to to display the various flow patters, but some are more difficult to establish than others.  Winter and summer sunlight for example.  Is there some equation based on my lat and long that will give me accurate figures for this?

Wind patterns are easier thanks to windfinder.com.

http://www.windfinder.com/windstats/windstatistic_hangzhou_xiaoshan_airport.htm

This page for example shows that winds are easterly in the summer and N Westerly in the three winter months of Nov Dec and Jan.

Any other tips on useful info that I can include?

Thanks

Chris