[permaculture] Community Training in Ecological Design, Schuyler County, NY USA

burns michael at fingerlakespermaculture.org
Tue Nov 30 21:13:12 EST 2010

The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute

www.fingerlakespermaculture.org

presents

COMMUNITY TRAINING IN ECOLOGICAL DESIGN

February through April 2011
Montour Falls, NY

Are you a landowner, farmer, or gardener?

Do you want a more sustainable and abundant life?

Learn a design method to improve home scale food and forest
production, to conserve resources, and save money.

Study basic ecological principles and permaculture methods and use
them to solve problems on your own home and landscape.

Help make better choices for our land, families, and communities.

Create your own sustainable design for a backyard, garden space,
vacant lot, field, forest, or even an entire village. Examples and
applications will be presented in both an urban and rural settings.
Design subjects include gardens, water management, earthworks, small
woodlot management, buildings, energy, soils, compost, animals, and
more.

Schedule:
Weekend Workshop: February 12 & 13
Tuesday evenings: 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., February 15 - April 12

Instructors:
Steve Gabriel, Michael Burns, and Karryn Olson-Ramanujan with guest
presenters

Tuition:
$200 - $400 (based on what you can afford)  Thanks to the Schuyler
County Environmental Management Council, and the Finger Lakes Resource
Conservation & Development Council, a limited number of half
scholarships are available for residents of Schuyler, Stueben,
Chemung, Ontario, Seneca and Yates counties.  A special thanks goes to
Cornell Cooperative Extension of Schuyler County (EPO/EEO) for their
support of this program.

Location:
Schuyler County Human Services Building, 323 Owego Street, Montour
Falls, NY 14865

Contact:
Call (607) 227-0316 or visit http://www.FingerLakesPermaculture.org
for information and registration.

NOTE: This is not a Permaculture Design Certification course. However,
your tuition to this series of classes can be applied to our summer
course. Visit our website to learn more.

The Finger Lakes Permaculture Institute
organizes experiential learning events
for sustainable and regenerative design
http://www.fingerlakespermaculture.org