[permaculture] permaculture in prisons

Michael Pilarski friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 12:48:28 EST 2010

I just received a request from someone seeking leads on anyone doing work around applying
permaculture design to prison environments?

Can anyone send me info on this?

On a personal note, Yesterday I met with the police chief and
jailer at the Flathead Indian Reservation (Montana) along with some other tribal
staff and 2 other permaculturists to talk about setting up a food
garden which the inmates could work at.  I really liked the police chief, as well as the other folks.  It sounds
like they will go ahead with the project.

The project is being initiated by a tribal member who is a permaculturist.

Michael Pilarski