[permaculture] Mobilizing financial resources

Warren Brush w at quailsprings.org
Tue Jan 19 13:39:18 EST 2010

Hello Wes, Cory, et al,

Quail Springs would be interested in being part of developing and
hosting a disaster relief training program and the necessary support
systems.  Considerations: 1) developing a fundraising system like a
"permaculture fund" who's ONLY mission is to raise funds and
distribute them to training projects and on the ground aid work based
on need, whether it is in Haiti or inner city Detroit.  2) Begin to
develop relationships with existing relief organizations and first
listen to their needs then share how permaculture could be an adjunct
to their existing efforts.  3) Create a PC training program for
existing relief workers and management. 4) Develop a "first response"
team(s) with a rigorous training for systems functionality and
fluidity (being able to respond timely, with well trained personnel,
appropriate tools and supplies and linked relevantly with other
appropriate organizations).

Right now we would like to offer the Permaculture Haiti effort:
Access to our Google Grant: we currently have a $10,000 a month grant
in AdWord money as an ongoing donation that could be used to help
drive internet traffic to a (need to be developed) fundraising page
for Haiti. Our only requirements (from Google) are that we have to be
listed as a partner and it has to be a non-profit endeavor to be able
to use these advertising funds.
Assist in developing a funding arm of the work (Permaculture Fund)

Thank you all for your good work and mobilization efforts,

Warren

Warren Brush
Co-Founder
Quail Springs Learning Oasis
Trees for Children
Mentoring for Peace

35070 Hwy 33
Cuyama, CA  93252
p 805.886.7239
f 866.321.1102

www.quailsprings.org
www.sustainablevocations.org
www.truenaturedesign.net
www.treesforchildren.org
www.mentoring4peace.com

"Permaculture is an ethically driven integrated design science that
creates, recognizes, and supports regenerative systems within the land
and our communities"