[permaculture] Fwd: Re: [SANET-MG] water catchments

Lawrence F. London, Jr. venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 9 13:23:20 EST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [SANET-MG] water catchments
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 16:00:41 -0500
From: Michael Astera <michael.astera at GMAIL.COM>
To: SANET-MG at LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

You can do the same thing with Bentonite clay and it will last forever.
Well drillers use bentonite to seal the top of wells.  It's also commonly
available as kitty litter, the granular stuff that clumps together and
expands when it gets wet.

Dig your catchment basin, spread 1/2 to 1 inch of Bentonite, then till it in
to the top couple inches of soil.  It will hold water just fine and is
completely natural and non-toxic.

Michael Astera
http://soilminerals.com