[permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails

David Muhl dmuhl65 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 21:22:59 EDT 2010

--- On Sat, 4/10/10, Daniel Mazen Kablaoui <dankablaoui at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a hunch if we discussed chocolate on this list it
> would still be relevant to Permaculture.

I think "relevant" is the key word here, which begs the question: "how relevant is relevant enough?"

It's indeed possible to take just about any topic and ask ourselves how it may relate to permaculture ethics, principles, design strategies, etc., but I think as a consideration to those who take the time to open all these posts and decide if it's something they would be interested in reading (one can't always tell from the title alone), we should all consider how relevant the discussion really is.

Using chocolate as an example, if the discussion were based on Cocoa Tree guild plantings in the tropics, I may or may not be interested in following the discussion, but I certainly could recognize the degree of relevancy to permaculture as being worthy of inclusion here.  If however (and this may be a bad analogy to the chemtrails discussion) someone is pondering how bad it is to feed chocolate to dogs, or the merits of dark over white, then I believe the threshold of relevancy would not have been met.  The degree of relevancy will always be in the eye of the beholder, but it is always worth considering before posting.