[permaculture] new vid: harvesting nettles plus eating nettles raw

fdnokes at hotmail.com fdnokes at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 20:59:37 EDT 2010

This is a great link.
I am a little confused as to what is being said about eating them raw.
At one point, there is talk of them having an affect on your insides
(stomach, intestines, kidneys).
Not sure what to make of that, and seeking possible wisdom out there.  Will
check other sources as well, of course.
The remainder of the references at the end of this video and another one you
posted are only to the local stinging effect.
The woman in the first video folds it up and chews it up neatly.
The young fellow in the short eating nettles raw video, gets the occasional
sting.

My sense is that this is a wonderful form of nutrition. I love how Heidi
Bohan shares her understanding of respectful harvesting!

Cheers,
Frances

P.S. If, for any reason, I've posted this to the wrong list, I really don't
have a problem with that. Just let me know!