[permaculture] Some random thoughts on science and society was Re: Svar: Re: Svar: autumn Seedballs?

fdnokes at hotmail.com fdnokes at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 04:08:26 EDT 2009

Interesting discussion.
It's interesting to see how we have lost that sense of participation, and
how 1984 and Brave New World and other fictions explain the way this apathy
institutionalizes.
Isn't it amazing how stuck we seem to be in an economy of throw away
electronics, even as we realize the necessity of changing our ways?

On another note, there is the division of science and the spirit. Quantum
physics has held out the hope to change all that.

Not sure where I picked up the reference (might have even been from this
list?) but have borrowed Charles T. Tart's The End of Materialism: how
evidence of the paranormal is bringing science and spirit together.

Interesting stuff.

When we look at the left brain world with our left brain, it seems hopeless,
but when we look at it with our right brain consciousness, we become aware
that healing can come suddenly and mysteriously.

I hope that this little kaleidoscope