[permaculture] Permaculture Paradise Home for Sale in Colorado

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 2 11:31:44 EDT 2009

Bonnie and Gary at Pikes Peak Permaculture asked me to share this
opportunity.
Keith
PS There may be a need for online classified ads at the Permaculture
Activist site. If you agree I'd like to hear from you.

Hi folks ~  I'm asking your help to get the word out about our amazing
and unique home. We're hoping someone will recognize the rare value of
this abundantly food-producing garden, and will buy it to continue
what's been established.  There is no other permaculture garden of this
duration or magnitude in the Pikes Peak region.  The home and garden
combined is ideal for classes, and we know many people who stand ready
to teach permaculture and/or organic gardening and other related classes
if the new buyer wants to do that.  Please forward this to any and all
"Green" organizations or people who may be interested, in or outside of
Colorado (they may want to move here).  Thanks so much!

~ Bonnie and Gary ~
Co-Founders, Pikes Peak Permaculture

Organically Gardened PERMACULTURE PARADISE FOR SALE!  $269K

Bonnie Willow and Gary Deetz are selling their wonderful home on 1/3
acre. What an opportunity! The land has been organically gardened for 10
years, permaculture gardened for 7 of those years. It is a certified
Wildlife Habitat, and has a pond with fountain and a big shed.  It's the
home base for Pikes Peak Permaculture and many classes have been taught
in these gardens.

The gardens perennially produce cherries, apricots, pears, apples,
currants, and a wide variety of cooking herbs year round (in a spiral
herb garden).  There are many medicinal herb plants that are huge and
well-established... comfrey, motherwort, valerian, feverfew, chamomile
and more.  In the back is a large area of raised beds for annual
vegetables.  Perennial shasta daisies, yarrow, marigolds, larkspur and
russian sage and spirea bushes add colorful blossoms throughout the season.

The home itself has 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths upstairs, in addition to
large kitchen and separate dining area and office/other bedroom area.
There is a large bay window with amazing views of the sunset over the
mountain range, looking west. Downstairs is a finished bedroom and
living room (newly sheetrocked & painted) and a half bath. There is also
an unfinished basement area for storage, currently a workshop and indoor
growing area. Wood stove is downstairs, for off-the-grid heating of the
whole house.

There is a 3 car garage with storage loft above and drive-through rear
door that gives you truck access to the back yard. There is a good
workshop area in the garage.

The home has three separate living areas, so this home lends itself to
being shared. The downstairs could be ideal for workshops, classes, etc.
Upstairs it's all hardwood floors, and there is a fireplace upstairs and
a woodstove downstairs. The neighborhood is great, very friendly
neighbors, and other organic gardens on our street.

More information can be found at Zillow.com
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102632257876&s=157&e=001igV5nxiHDSQN4BaCJrX8XNMCKVyiNYVR1oVImV_Nm6-2Ztme50qNw1F9RId9JYbyew1VqKUhq7PHsnFXTBZCTcF6ez9IZoN6gczeHXFba7vR6_MD-p1qBXXh5_zQx-HVRVZ-nZeNiD0RJERtlnqeiykv573nupWVa9REwD6JX2ZI3jUmhCenwg-2vmjTDFFy>
(enter our address: 1517 Lorraine Street Colorado Springs 80905)
More photos can be found at www.pikespeakpermaculture.org
<http://www.pikespeakpermaculture.org>

If you're interested, call us for the best deal!  719-575-0592

PLEASE FORWARD THIS to anyone who may have an interest in this
Permaculture Paradise!

Wondering why we're selling? For a variety of reasons, we have decided
to move to the Asheville North Carolina region. Among our reasons are these:

- 4 seasons of 3 months each. Yes, a 3 month winter!
- A big, thriving Permaculture and organic gardening community, with
many of our friends living there. Earthaven Community is there, and the
magazine The Mother Earth News was started there.
- A large, active arts and metaphysics community.
- Virgin forests! Yes, they still exist, in small quantities. The Smokey
& Blue Ridge Mountains are right there, and their forests are full of life.
- Cockroaches! We miss 'em.
- Lastly and most importantly, Bonnie's family has experienced some big
changes, and our help and presence is needed. We look forward to a rich
family life... something we've both been missing.