[permaculture] Svar: Re: Intellectual property

fdnokes at hotmail.com fdnokes at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 13 18:06:13 EST 2009

Interesting points, Gavin.
I would like to add some further side notes to the discussion.
If we take a moment to consider the longer view, too, we see that the
proliferation of gmo's has created a huge threat to the very dna of the
plants and animals whose growth we serve to foster. Cross pollination has
meant that farmer's entire crops of flax seed, for example, are disqualified
from import to Europe because of gmo analysis.
This means that the food we grow in our own backyards has and will be more
and more contaminated.
In this age, it is a challenge to get the truth out as to how it is possible
to farm by supporting nature rather than attacking it.
The purity of our water, our earth and our air do depend upon it.
Everything is connected is the message of this.  For better or for worse.
Many blessings on all the fine works of the people on this list.
It was a wonderful idea to send a copy of the book to Uruguay.
My experience in Costa Rica, however, has taught me that even the mails are
uncertain.
So, we can send things, but they don't always arrive.
Best wishes to all,
Frances