[permaculture] Which books?

John Thomas Naisbitt johntnaisbitt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:58:12 EDT 2009

Alan,

I obtained the "Big Black Book" about five years before attending my first
designer's cert. course. For just under three years, I had an ideal
opportunity to practice my readings at a co-owned "finca" in Panama. I found
the book highly beneficial towards my goal of "building" food forests,
utilizing gray water and rain water systems, and beneficial reforestation
techniques.

The result is, now that I have over the last year, returned from a
Permaculture Design Course in Costa Rica and as I continue to take other
courses, I find many "Type One" errors in my doings.

The connections and mentors I have gained during my actual  "Hands On"
learning have been truly beneficial towards achieving my goal towards a
better designer through observation. I can only offer the advice that you
get personaly connected, this means "non internet" and take some courses
with fellow Permies.

For everything, there is a site specific and geographic answer......just be
observant.

I do believe there is "Value" in paying the price for knowledge.

John