[permaculture] Compost Shower Video

Darren Doherty darren at permaculture.biz
Tue Feb 19 07:09:19 EST 2008

G'day,

I took a 50 degree Fahrenheit shower in Ottawa (Canada) over Christmas when
it was -4 degree F (-20 Celsius) and it was far from what I would call
warm...I even went back and tried a couple more times just to be
sure......It was certainly invigorating....perhaps its my antipodean
upbringing in Bendigo where on a cold night only gets down to about 23
degrees F. I prefer my poison hot....Yin:Yang - its what makes the world go
round!

All the best,

Darren Doherty

On 19/02/2008, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <lflj at intrex.net> wrote:

> Darren Doherty wrote:
>
> > At the start of the October 2007 Permaculture Design Certificate Course
> at
> > Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm we faced a small
> problem
> > - we had 30 people needing showers and no hot water.
>
> Cold showers are tolerable. I have been taking them outdoors all winter
> long.
> When the ambient temperature is 40 degrees or so then 50 degree water
> feels warm, really.
> That is a cool way to take a shower and save energy; good for mind and
> body.
> And you have a great view of the sky and yard too. Truly inspiring.

> Google command to search archives:

Hooroo,
Darren J. Doherty
www.permaculture.biz

US Cell: +1 805 455.8914
Yahoo Voice Phone: +1 310 237 6970

WORLD TOUR 2007/8
North America/Europe
Permaculture Design Certificate Course (72hours)
Keyline Design Course (2-6days)