[permaculture] Looking for good examples of the use of berms and swales &...

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Sun Jul 15 11:32:40 EDT 2007

I would tend to agree with your position on sand.? Even if it worked I would be reluctant to expend the fossil fuel to bring it to my property.? the solution lies with what can be done on site without the expenditure of large amounts of fossil fuel. Recycling wine barrels which are abundent where I live has worked.?The expenditure to bring a few wine barrels?back to the property is minimal compared to trucking sand and I am reusing something that has finished its' original function. By providing a local market for barrels?I contribute?to preventing wineries shipping them longer distances. Birms also work and can be built out of the waste organic matter that my property generates.