[permaculture] nuclear

Martin Naylor martinwnaylor at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jan 30 17:31:37 EST 2007

And according to the Aust defence dept they want the Govt to give them a billion dollars a year for the next 15 years because there is going to be a war in Asia, which is about 10 years after oil peak, i wonder who and why

  Try and shoot the messenger
  Martin

Sean Maley <semaley at yahoo.com> wrote:
  The counter to this argument on the energy boards is that breeder reacter technology produces fissible fuel such as Plutonium. The real problem in these discussions relates to the amount of weapons grade material, Plutonium, that can be produced. Imagine "cold war" practiced by 100's of different players and the increased likelihood of nuclear conflict, as a result. This technology has been used in North Korea already. Iran was clearly building this type of reactor. Why build anything else with so little Uranium? That's why Plutonium must be considered in this discussion.

Please don't shoot the messenger. I'm just conveying discussion from places such as The Oil Drum.

-Sean.