[permaculture] Message from the current President

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Jan 24 21:13:44 EST 2007

Richard Archer wrote:

> No, these posts are off-topic and therefore should not be posted
> to this list.

You're right, Richard, I should not have posted a political ad,
especially when not sure as to said candidate's interest in things permaculture.

I should have posted my letter to Richardson, included below, which I hope will be OT (On Topic):

-
encourage and support stem cell research

encourage and support renewable energy strategies, research, production of the necessary tools, materials & equipment
and education of the public about energy conservation & recycling

encourage and support sustainable agriculture and the development of local and regional market resources for farmers,
encourage large scale transitioning from chemical-based & gmo conventional agriculture to a form of agriculture that is
sustainable, natural and biologically-oriented, one that seeks to use permaculture methods to integrate agricultural
systems, recycle elements within those systems, build, restore and sustain open farmland, soil, water and forest
resources. Encourage diversified farm production and multi-use farming, i.e. integrate farms in a given locale or
region, farm for market and to produce goods to exchange with other farms in a given area, i.e. manure, hay, livestock,
greenhouse products - i.e. create communities of farms and integrate production within them so they can meet the needs
of local and regional makets

reduce taxes and encourage development of local communities and local economies, self-reliance and self-sufficiency

encourage and support small and family business enterprises and integrate them into the national economy

enforce controls on environmental pollution, reduce environmental pollution, air, water, soil, including gmo's, support
efforts to develop non polluting alternatives to industrial chemicals and processes that pollute

encourage and support efforts to develop and make available to the public alternative healthcare services, alternative
medicine and high quality nutritional and medicinal products

encourage and support the teaching of science, including evolution

keep religion out of government

export these concepts to other governments of the world that we have relationships with and strive to learn from those
countries all that we may that may serve to make our economy, industry and agriculture more robust, profitable and
sustainable. By doing this we will have less cause to worry about competition from other exporting nations, i.e. China
as we will be strong, self-sufficient, productive and economically viable as we build a national community and keep
profits at home by supporting local, regional and national businesses, i.e. made sustainably in the USA.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net