[permaculture] Message from the current President

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Wed Jan 24 21:01:24 EST 2007

Tracie Boellner wrote:

>>>I would also point out that permaculture is science and results based and
>>>belief systems and politics are specifically omitted from the sphere of
>>>permaculture.
>

> This is simply not true.  Coming at this myself from a very strong
> fundamental Christian viewpoint, I find an abundance of other belief systems
> embedded in permaculture, to the point of nauseation.
>
> I do, however, agree that the original post wasn't very relevant to the
> purpose of this list.
>
> Tracie Boellner
> Michigan

You maintain that belief systems are integral to permaculture when, in your case,
those are fundamentalist Christian and that you have observed a large number and
great variety of other systems many adhere to as they practice permaculture and
integrate it into their lives, though, as you say, they are embedded in the permaculture
experience. So is it the sheer number of different permaculture belief systems that
nauseates you or is it that they are not Fundamentalist Christian?
If the latter, why do you not include Quakers, Anglicans, Unitarian Universalist Fellowship,
all the mainstream Protestant churches, and Catholics in the index of approved-for-permaculture
Christian religions? What about Holy Rollers, Pentecostals, Mormons, Jehova's Witnesses and
Seventh Day Adventists. What about Hindus, Buddhists, followers of Islam, Zoroastrians, Rosicrucians,
Ananda Marga & Self Realization Fellowship, followers of Paramahansa Yogananda, followers of Sri Ramakrishna,
followers of Meher Baba, the Coptic Church, Wiccans, Pagans, Druids, worshippers of the original Greek religion who
recently practiced their rites at a Greek Temple, Jesuit Catholics, all Anglicans and Catholics who have taken holy
orders, Nature worshippers of all sorts and Followers of the Great God Pan. TM and Moonies, Ommmmm.

Enlightenment is where you find it.

It was worth posting the OT political ad to get your reply.

Fundamentalist Christianity may hold the key to Mankind's salvation but some
who would seek that path may not if it shuns the other religions of the world.

LL
practising Nature worshipper and Follower of the Great God Pan
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net