[permaculture] Edges - Re: permaculture and science || need recommendations for plantings at edge of pond

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sat Feb 3 23:40:25 EST 2007

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> I would like to crenelate the pond's edge and install a variety of plantings that are native to my
> locale and will work well in an edge zone with nondescript plant material that may drift in and out, airborne,
> waterborne or waterborne. The water in the pond is high in nutrients and duckweed growing there now is flourishing even
> in this cole weather we are having.

That should read:

I would like to crenelate the shoreline of the pond and install a variety of plantings that are native to my
locale that will work well in an edge zone with nondescript plant material that may drift in and out, airborne,
waterborne or animal-borne. The water in the pond is high in nutrients and duckweed growing there now is flourishing
even in this cold weather we are having.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net