[permaculture] Slovenia -IPC7

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Mon Dec 10 12:55:03 EST 2007

Primal Parent wrote:

> The fact that the country is roughly 50% forest and has retained more of it's traditional farming methods makes us very enthusiastic. However, so does the fact that you can throw a rock in Eugene and hit someone who's involved with permaculture.
>
> At this point we are leaning heavily toward Slovenia this is due to our belief that it has a greater chance of being energy independent in the event of a catastrophe (peak oil, presidential takeover by fundamentalist christian leadership, so forth)

In a word, Slovenia.

Never been there or to any PC convergences but it sounds like a great place to live, work and promote and develop
permaculture. The bordering countries Austria, Hungary and Croatia have beautiful resources. Kosovo will be independent
soon so that should provide inspiration to forming relationships between countries, organizations and people in that
part of the world, especially those interested in who work toward the adoption, teaching and practice of permaculture
on an international and regional level.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj at intrex.net
lflj at bellsouth.net
venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Venaura Farm http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com
Agriculture, Market Farming & Permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech
Permaculture mailing list
Permaculture Wiki/Database
http://www.permaculture.info/index.php/Main_Page