[permaculture] book saving

KNat knat at sprintmail.com
Sat Dec 8 20:30:31 EST 2007

Marimike6 at cs.com wrote:
> It seems like everything we create as a society gets produced in great
> abundance. Certainly books are something we have in great abundance.
> ----
> ----
> So many trees devoted to these unread books... But on the other hand, many
> get read. On the last day of the sale you can bring home a shopping bag for $3
> or a large box for $5.
Ours then has gleaning. Our school is one of the non-profits who can
take whatever we want for free before shredders. Always surprises me so
many people can go thru and still leave behind for us Foxfire series,
Permaculture, Edible Herbs, Home Forge, etc. But unless I intend (and I
have considered) a house fully insulated with a layer of books, I gotta
let some go. My concern is for the ones no one keeps.

Kathyann