[permaculture] female pee collectors

hannah brumerskyj han_ysic at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 27 00:55:47 EDT 2006

Hi there

  I have collected in a bucket before and kept it with a lid on beside the toilet. Recently I started using an old soft drink bottle. I think it's a 1.25L bottle, like Coke and once empty I just sqeeze it flat and cut accross in a straight line about 7cm down. (you could adjust to suite you. The resulting shape fits well for females to use and the flexible nature of the plastic boulds to the body. I work during the day so only collect at home and one is always sufficient to collect from the night until the morning when I use it to water a different part of the garden each day. Diluted for most veges, straight under the citrus trees.

  Hannah

Graham <grahamburnett at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
  At our Dial House compost toilet
http://www.gb0063551.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bog/compostbog.htm we simply
made a second chamber for women to pee in (in the photo at the top of
the page it's to the left of the 'main' loo chamber, where the 'Humanure
Handbook' is lying, when the pic was taken this section was being used
for storage of soak material and was later adapted simply but cutting
another hole in the lid with a jigsaw), its just a bucket full of dry
straw. This gets added to the main compost heap when full.

Simple and free!

Graham www.spiralseed.co.uk