[permaculture] permaculture in coastal environments?

Paul Cereghino paul.cereghino at comcast.net
Fri Oct 20 22:34:31 EDT 2006

I am more familiar with the Thai situation.  Charcol harvest is followed
by anti-biotic intensive shrimp farming resulting in a saline
wasteland.  Alfredo Quarto is an incredible resource and networker for
tropical coastline issues
http://www.earthisland.org/map/

Within his network I have been impressed by Yadfon in SW Thailand for
their community development work. there is some information on the MAP
site talking about their community forest strategies.  In particular,
their forging alliances between poor fisherfolk and poor hillfolk over
watershed management issues of mutual interest.
http://www.earthisland.org/map/sstal.htm

Good luck!
Paul Cereghino
Olympia, WA, USA