[permaculture] Field Transition

Rich Blaha rich at mossbackfarm.com
Fri Oct 20 21:54:33 EDT 2006

Hey all

Depending on what your goals and preferences are, it could be worth you
while to seed it to any of the mentioned crops, or to mixed pasture, and
graze it with cattle / sheep come spring.  It's far less energy and
capital intensive, and with proper marketing you can get a pretty good
return on an acreage described.  A great site, that is now sadly
defunct, is www.managingwholes.com .  There's lots of info there about
the benefits of managed grazing on larger landscapes

Cheers

Rich
Mossback Farm
www.mossbackfarm.com/journal