[permaculture] poop and pee

Gregory Konger gjkonger at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 16 12:52:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have been using pee in my yard for about a year with no problems.  However, when I tried composting my poop, I had a problem with smell and animals.  I used a plastic composter from Menards to dump a 5 gallon bucket of poop into it every time it became full.  How do I prevent the smell and how do I prevent it from attracting animals?  I am also afraid people might find out that I am doing this and report me to the board of health, because I don't know if it is legal.  I live in Fort Wayne, IN, and I would like to be reassured that I won't get into trouble.

Greg K.