[permaculture] using pee and poop

Earth Passengers earthpassengers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 07:51:33 EDT 2006

Glad to see this conversation happening and will show it to my wife as
i try to persuade her to join me in using our excrement to nourish
plants in containers on our rooftop.

Just a side note - i use a containered banana tree to soak up any
heavy nutrient loads or excess water/liquids. Bananas are the best
living pumps i've found to make excessively wet areas dry - they take
up water many times faster than other plants. They can also easily
deal with heavy nutrient loads. That potted banana is very useful for
me! I'm in the subtropics - does anyone know of other similar
super-pump plants, perhaps for those living in temperate climates?

Peter