[permaculture] slug solutions?

hannah brumerskyj han_ysic at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 9 00:28:20 EDT 2006

I used to squash slugs which I hated doing because I don't like killing things for no purpose, but I also didn't want to use chemicals to kill them. I now have two chickens, who love to gobble them up, and they fill part of a cycle. I actually like it when they get big enough for the chickens to eat, and they don't eat too much of the plants even then. I look for them when I water the vege garden and can easily spot them to pull them off. There is only ever four or five when I water every two of three days, and I have quite a large garden. Rain has been remarkably absent though, here in Sydney. I am sure there would be a rise in number if it arrived. (but then there would be more plants for them to eat too. - it all works out in the end.

  Hannah Brumerskyj
  Sydney, Australia