[permaculture] List Host Blues

Katherine Steele ksteele at steelemoon.com
Thu Mar 2 04:43:50 EST 2006

This is so exhausting.  Another International Permaculture List was
started not long ago and set up primarily in response to the poor
moderation skills and unbridled temper of this list's host. Read the
purpose and guidelines and register here if you like. http://
openpermaculture.org/mailman/listinfo/permaculture_openpermaculture.org

A list serve host's job as I understand is not only technical but is
primarily to facilitate conversations and *prevent* conflict and
flaming, rather than generate it.

It's a real shame that every few months all the subscribers of this
list have to go through this.  It feel's abusive.  Though I don't
post here often, I throughly enjoy reading this list and have learned
quite a bit from all of you over the past few years.

Larry why don't you let someone else host this list for while.  You
really continuously cause people to get upset and some resort to
leaving.  It's sad when things like that happen that could be avoided.

Take a break and let someone else drive and maybe you could learn
something from observing their style.

Peace
~Kat

ps thanks lauren and others who spend time/energy and awareness on
this  and go through the ringer for it