[permaculture] Looking for pedalpower resources - any bicycle experts in the list?

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Sun Dec 31 18:20:55 EST 2006

I need to construct a 4 wheeled device I can ride on, steer and pedal with an 18 speed (maybe less)
gear train. I will mount adjustable-height static tillage tooling below the frame and drive this along
raised garden beds to scarify the soil and loosed existing weeds, prior to winter planting of spinach and a number of
other crops. It will be too wet to get a tractor in the gardens until late Spring and I need to plant throughout January
and February. All parts of the frame, except the tillage tool, will have to be at or above the height of the wheel
axles. The 4 wheel bikes I have seen on the web are expensive and their frames are too low to the ground.

Any ideas or pointers to resources will be much appreciated, especially from anyone who has done any bicycle
modifications or built human powered devices from recycled bike parts and components.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm