[permaculture] Tending the Wild, Wood Ash

tom tom at honeychrome.com
Mon Dec 18 20:35:00 EST 2006

<<Because California indigenous people burned regularly, the fires
weren't extremely hot or big compared to wild fires. Apparently the
flames were about two feet high. How this compares to a propose
contraption, I have no idea.  Somehow I can't quite get behind the
idea of using such a device on the land.>>

In Changes to the Land, Cronan notes that there were instances where
the native american's burning or the forest undergrowth would get out
of control and do serious damage..