[permaculture] Re Wood Ashes as a soil amendment

Karen Kellogg garuda2 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 17 15:06:41 EST 2006

So, any suggestions on what to do with the wood ashes?  Pick one spot
and designate it as the 'ash dump'?  Get them off the property? To
where?
The soil only needs a tad, we don't want to breathe them or have them
in our water,  not in the compost... Is it safe to use them to dampen
plant growth, say along a fence line that is hard to mow?

Karen