[permaculture] Coming to a neighborhood near you?

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 27 00:09:46 EDT 2006

The Defense Department is considering conducting a weapons test near
Bedford, IN (about 15 miles from our new home) next year to bolster the
U.S.'s nuclear weapons program.  The test would release a
mushroom-shaped dust cloud 10,000 feet into the atmosphere and release
an explosive yield equivalent to 593 tons of TNT--100 times the size of
the Oklahoma City bombing. This explosion of 700 tons of ammonium
nitrate and fuel oil will create a cloud of toxins and pollutants over
southern Indiana contaminating air and groundwater.

This test simulates a nuclear weapon -- clearly meant for offensive use
in a strike on Iran. Such a strike would shock the world and incite
terrorism.
It would be criminal under international law.

Originally planned for the Nevada test site, but stopped there by
determined activists, Divine Strake is now under consideration for a
quarry near
Mitchell, or for White Sands, New Mexico. It must not happen anywhere.
We will not allow our community to be used in this way.

http://ga3.org/campaign/divinestrake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divine_Strake

http://indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096413084

--