[permaculture] gailt network ???

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Tue Sep 27 01:51:02 EDT 2005

Marimike6 at cs.com wrote:

> "so far I have not been able to find out what grok means - please enighten
> me"
>
> dirtfarmer--
>
> Grok, in your ancient Scottish dialect, would mean "ken". Hep cats might say
> "dig". It comes from the Heinlein novel of forty years past, Stranger in a
> Strange Land.

Hah so, enightenment has arived. I had thought it was computer slang for
something like parse with spent tealeaves in cup.

I suppose "Intelligent" Design (tm god,llc) could be employed to find
its derivation. A few things come to mind:

grasp -  devine, surmise, acertain, get around it
crock -  a container, unit of measurement; figuratively, a quantity of
          something distasteful of unfortunate proportions
gronk -  the sound hurled by a dinasaur who has just tripped on an extra
          low-hanging testicle
grog - what he uses for the next several hours for recovery