[permaculture] Designers for extreme cold?

Michael Burns burns at panix.com
Mon Oct 31 11:22:29 EST 2005

Information shared to the whole list might also be appreciated. I may not live
in a zone known for extreme cold as in Montana, but in my exceptionally cold
pocket of New York's Finger Lakes, I rarely get more than 12 frost-free weeks.

Cold-hardy agroforestry, greenhouses (look up Elliot Coleman,) and
well-designed homes seem to be key.

Who else is growing/living in zone 4 or colder?

> I have received an inquiry for both permaculture and building design for
> Northern Montana. Low temps are twenty to thirty degrees sub-zero
> Fahrenheit.
> Does anyone have any recommendations of practitioners in this area or
> equivalent and neighboring zones?
> Anyone who should be avoided?
> You can contact me off list if you wish.
> Vint Lawrence

-Michael Burns

- - - http://www.cayuta.org - - - - - - - - - - -
Earn your permaculture design certificate.
The Finger Lakes Permacuture Institute
begins its first course on November 18.
Go to: http://www.flpci.org