[permaculture] JAPANESE BEETLES

FourPoint7Acres at aol.com FourPoint7Acres at aol.com
Mon Jun 13 16:35:10 EDT 2005

WE WERE IN A DROUGHT HERE IN GEORGIA FOR 4 YEARS AND  DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE
JAPANESE BEETLE. NOW THAT THE DROUGHT IS OVER, LAST YEAR  THEY KILLED OUT
STRAWBERRIES AND ROSES.

IN THE FALL WE PUT DOWN 40 POUNDS OF MILKY  SPORE.
THE SEEM TO BE A LITTLE WEAKER BUT THEY ARE STILL A  PAIN.  I HAVE NEVER SEEN
SO MANY.

I PUT THE TRAPS FAR FROM THE GARDENS. WE ARE IN A  RURAL AREA. ACTUALLY I
THINK THE TRAPS ATTRACT MORE BEETLES THAN WHEN WE HAD NO  TRAPS.

I VACUUM THEM WHEN I GO OUT IN THE MORNING.   ANYONE HAVE ANY OTHER HINTS TO
THESE DARN THINGS?

THANKS,  SHARON