[permaculture] Control of Peach Tree Borer

Robyn Francis erda at nor.com.au
Wed Jun 8 19:15:59 EDT 2005

Is the mulch in contact with the tree trunk base? It's important to never
place mulch next to or up against the base of a tree as it can encourage
harmful insect and fungal activity. Make sure the mulch is scraped back from
the base of the tree at least 4-6 inches. Where the trees most need mulch is
around the drip-line zone where the greatest concentrations of feeder roots
occur.
Ciao
Robyn