[permaculture] bamboo guilds

Lisa MacIver lisamaciver8 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 14:32:40 EDT 2005

For various reasons I now have a variety of bamboo; 3 runners and 2
clumpers.  Any advice on temperate bamboo guilds (US zone 7)?  I'm
thinking they are grasses so will need lots of n-fixing, but whenever
I see bamboo they don't seem very intermixed with other plants.

Also, any information on using bamboo for goat fodder?  Some bamboos
species contain cynanic componds (I hear), any information as to which,

and is this in leaves as well as the shoots?

Lisa in Ashland Oregon