[permaculture] PC courses in Houston

McFarlandAIA at aol.com McFarlandAIA at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 13:53:51 EDT 2004

The discussion about the Permaculture Designer Certification course and price
is interesting. Three years ago in Houston, Texas, USA, we started a "working
man's" Certification course. We give it in 4 sections during one calendar
year and the total cost is around $500. There are no lodging costs and 4 meal
costs. We generally have classes 2 Wednesdays a month in an urban class room
setting. We graduate about a dozen students a year who then work with us on
Quarterly meetings and we will begin graduate workshops in a few months. We
intentionally keep the prices down, so that any one of any means can take classes in
any order. It has been very successful. For a full class schedule and
description, check www.urbanharvest.org and go to the Permaculture section. The Austin
group has just started successive weekend classes, also to address this urban
need for people who work and cannot take time off for classes.

Shawn McFarland, AIA, LEED
Permaculture Guild of Houston