[permaculture] Fruit fly problem

Colin Endean kunmanara at mpx.com.au
Wed Mar 17 01:18:19 EST 2004

These are probably 'vinegar fly' rather than what we usually call fruit
fly.
These are very fond of the 'vegie scrap' bucket and the worm farm
whilst there's decaying fruit material. Attracted to the acidic
decomposition?
Make sure it's not too moist and becoming anaerobic. Otherwise we've
been living with a few hanging around the vermicomposting bins for the
many years they've been consuming our kitchen scraps. Seems OK if
they're outside. Part of the web of life, decomposing the once living
matter of fruit and vegies.
Cheers
Colin