[permaculture] recipes using 'marginal' fruits, veg, etc

Rick Valley bamboogrove at cmug.com
Mon Mar 1 23:13:54 EST 2004

> From: "Kelly Lockamy" <garden_muse at bellsouth.net>

> sans that handy sounding Foley seed seperator.

Well the Foley is not a "seed separator" but a food mill; my mum alluz used
one to make applesauce. Dunno 'bout where you are but 'roun here you can't
go into a thrift store without being acosted by two or three of 'em at $2to
$5 dollars or so. They look like a tinned pot with a crank that turns a
flange inside that mushes whatever is inside thru the sieve bottom.
They are killer for turning the huge seedy Himalyan blackberries here into a
heavenly sauce, too. Then I take the seedy mash and make blackberry vineagar
with it. Last of all, the seeds go to the chooks.

-Rick