[permaculture] nitrogen fixing trees/shrubs that feed livestock

Paul Wheaton paul at richsoil.com
Sun Dec 26 10:36:14 EST 2004

A friend told me yesterday about a shrub called "goumi".  The fruit looks a little like a
cherry and "tastes like PEZ".  He says the bush is nitorgen fixing!!

True?  Anybody familiar with this shrub?

I just ordered a bunch of siberian pea shrubs, honey locust trees and russian olive
trees, all because they are nitrogen fixing and provide food for
chickens/pigs/cattle/etc.

Are there any other trees or bushes for zone 4/5 that I might be overlooking?