[permaculture] Expanding outreach

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Tue Jul 8 17:18:31 EDT 2003

Aloha,

> On a slightly different note, Bob Ewing and I have been pondering about
> how to expand the scope and reach of permaculture education to include the
> cashless and dispossessed.

Yay yay yay!  Me too.

> I would like to
> involve and teach a permaculture vocational course to troubled youth who
> have to perform community service.

Yes yes yes!
Seattle Tilth has some programs like that/like SLUG has that are proving
quite valuable.  East Palo Alto (CA) community development corporation or
someone related had something similar going some years back for adult
parolees as I recall.

> We should also offer Pc vocational
> courses for prison inmates who wish to advance themselves while doing
> their time, and plug in to private firms who are vested with the task and
> funds for federal job training programs, such as Gary Job Corps ...

Yes yes yes!

John Schinnerer, MA
- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing