[permaculture] Apricot trees

CHINAGRVE at aol.com CHINAGRVE at aol.com
Fri Jan 3 11:56:17 EST 2003

My daughter is renting a place with quite a few very large old appricot trees and she had a mega crop last year.   I started about 6 trees from the pits but about 15 or more have just sprouted.   What are the chances they will be similar to the parent trees being  they are older standard trees?  My land is in the foothills of the mts. of NM so it's not the easiest place to grow fruit trees.   I'll be working on a greywater system this spring - I have a separate bathhouse that I'm going to use the roof and tub water combined to water these trees.  I currently have a few apple and plum trees but haven't thought of trees in these numbers before.  Any ideas?

Marilyn