[permaculture] Re: [permaculture]Wrong Fertilizers

FranksFarm at aol.com FranksFarm at aol.com
Wed Sep 4 16:49:22 EDT 2002

G'day Robyn:

You wrote:)

<<Recommend you get information from your local (national) organic
certification authority - this will give you a reliable guide to
appropriate natural substances.>>

Well taken.

However, I'm generally aware of the appropriate natural substances. The
problem is finding a nearby supplier,who supports such thinking, and produces
such products at reasonable cost. Out of state shipping costs add a lot to
cost too:(

The fact that I'm in a relatively rural area composed mostly of small
tobacco, and cattle farms that has incredible natural beauty, and not a whole
lot of infrastructure, or
spendable income alters the picture considerably.

I often find local dealers don't even stock fairly common items like large
cotter pins, or large washers. And just a trip to the dealer winds up wasting
a half day or more:(

It's a bit frustrating.

What I'm looking for is:  Frank, you can get green sand in bulk from JJ
Minerals in Bardstown,Ky for $10 a ton phone # is 606-001-001, or kelp meal
and other natural ingredients from Kelp Sales in Jamestown,KY for $30 a ton.
I can then act.

I'm hoping some of you are in Ky and may know of such sources:)
Heck, most businesses don't even put an ad in the yellow pages:)  And you
have to guess how they are listed too!

Cheers, Frank