[permaculture] ACQ PR

Treesa Jane Rogerson treemail at cruzio.com
Sun Oct 27 21:12:34 EST 2002

good point, John.  Monsanto also said GMO's. are more nutririous, yields
would be bigger, and less chemicals would be required.  Then they said that
everyone has a "choice" whether they use Monsanto GMO plants or not, unless
of course the wind blows in your part of the world, or if you pick up a
couple seeds on your boot.

> > >  ACQ-treated lumber is well-explained on the Quality Forest
> > Products site,
> > > www.qualityforest.com
>
> It's 'well-explained' as wonderful, harmless and the solution to the
> world's problems because this is a manufacturer's PR/advertising site
> to market and sell the stuff.  Chlordane, DDT, CCA, Glyphosate (flog
> flog ;-) ad nauseum were or are all 'well-explained' in a similar way
> by their manufacturers.

> I prefer a bit more diversity of information on which to base my
> decisions.
>
> > I got a sample of it and there was no odor,
>
> Kinda like carbon monoxide, eh?  ;-)

always I want to err on the side of nOT being cynical, but I got pattern
recognition, and there is no free lunch when it comes to our high
expectations about consumer products.  Thus I plan to learn more, but not
just from the company trying to sell it to me.

-Treesa