[permaculture] Exotic Plant Eradication - Holmgren

Claude Genest genest at together.net
Tue Aug 13 20:49:26 EDT 2002

Yeesh - scary thought indeed Robyn. And think of Poor Percy Shmeiser, the
gentle Canadian farmer who's in a battle royal with Monsanto for "stealing
their copyright" when in fact some of their superweeds infiltrated his
ditches....he got found out because Monsano literally employs Pinkerton
detectives to patrol for this kind of occurence !
Best Regards,

Anyway, for another perspective on the debate, check out the Holmgren
article I attached - he talks of "ecosynthesis" - very interesting and very
much in keeping with the Gaia theory ( not that we shouldn't and indeed
mustn't sometimes chop and drop Mark, just that we should observe the hell
out of it first - for more on that perspaective, please read Mollison's
inspiration - Mansanobu Fukuoka's "One Straw Revolution" - Nature really is
much smarter than us you know...)

Claude Genest

"The Greatest Fine Art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land."
- Abraham Lincoln

Green Mountain Permaculture :
                         Solutions, Sustainability, Sustenance....

"What Permaculturalists are doing is the most important activity that any
group is doing on the planet ."
- David Suzuki