[permaculture] Pasture Renovation and Fertility

FranksFarm at aol.com FranksFarm at aol.com
Thu Aug 8 08:40:43 EDT 2002

Good day Robyn et al:)

    Robyn...great post. Really hits the nail on the head!

I now realize I have bitten off more than I can chew.

So it just means I have to go a lot slower:)

Seriously I bought THIS land because it was very private, away from
development, no neighbors within site but close enough. I looked at a lot of
farms, areas of US...so I had a good feel for the type of property I wanted.

But you know once you have looked, and looked, and looked some more. And
traveled 1000s of miles in the process there comes a point in time that you
get so tired, and frustrated that you just go for it!

I really love this land. And it is set in a beautiful area of southern
Kentucky consisting primarily of small farms, cattle, tobacco and lots of
forested hillsides to delight the eye.

Wish I could take you through it. There's a great deal of biodiversity. But
alas I still can't ID much of it.

 I believe it would make a great ECO-Village or some sort of PC/Sustainable
Living Center. I want to preserve and enhance this farm. Large tracts like
this are fast disappearing, and seldom at any given time.

 All it needs is the right people with the vision, and the ability to make it
work.

Lots of folks have expressed an interest in doing same...but making the leap
is the hard part:) If anyone is interested please contact me at
gcreekfarm at aol.com.

Cheerio:)  Frank