Zone 6

Scott Pittman pci at permaculture-inst.org
Wed Mar 22 16:26:52 EST 2000

At 06:54 AM 3/22/00 -0800, you wrote:
>others wrote:
>> >I know for a fact that Bill never intended to
>> >incorporate psychology, politics, or metaphysics into permaculture.
>>
>>o oh, now what about the chapter on patterns as well as the one on a
>>global nation? if this isn't psychology, poltics, Politics and some
>>metaphysics we clearly have a different definition of these terms.
>

>Listen people: permaculture is very much about edges...any edge will do,
>especially those edges which tend to stimulate the endocrine functions of
>humans. Just like any debate-worthy practice, there are conservative
>approaches, liberal approaches, fanatical approaches, and barely rational
>approaches...all of which may be appropriate at a given time and/or place.

I take it you tend toward the later two categories.

>If people want to practice "Bill Mollison Brand" Permaculture, simply
>study the sacred texts and/or talk directly with him if you can. Then you
>will have downloaded from an accredited "father" and can quote him
>accurately. No need to extend these concepts further then Bill.

Since you insist of taking my words out of context for rhetoric's sake I
must correct your seeming lack of comprehension.  I stated that before we
change the themes covered in Bill's book that we should "think
carefully".  The thinking part may have been what through you.  I didn't
say or even intimate that we should slavishly follow the "sacred text" but
that we should be careful.  What is it with this "father" thing - get some
help and get over it!

>I believe permaculture, as voiced by Mollison, is way bigger then he or
>most people have envisioned. It continues beyond where Science can follow,
>and its poetry is easily recognized when encountered. We're all
>improvising with basic concepts currently comprehensible to "modern"
>people, which arise out of ancient sentient earth patterns and traditions
>seeded on this planet long ago by someone/thing we haven't yet accurately
>described.

It's comforting that you are ahead of Bill and "most people" in your
comprehension of permaculture.  I do note your humility in the last sentence.

>And don't tell me that this is not true, because you do not know for sure
>what life on earth is about, and I received this info as direct
>transmission from Zone 6.

Your attempt at levity belies your arrogance!

Get real!
Scott