Daikon and grass seed.

Jeffrey Newman newman at bcinternet.net
Tue Oct 20 21:23:29 EDT 1998

Dan,

Thanks again for the specific advice. BTW, I'm in an area of central British Columbia
called the Cariboo. It's fairly dry as we're in something of a rain shadow but not
warm enough to support cacti. Our winter temps drop down to -30 and sometimes even -
40 celsius.

Another question has come up. Somewhat carelessly I neglected t o mention that the
for logs I'm using hardly merit that title as they're between five and seven feet
long.  To accommodate this we (it was actually my wife's suggestion) have some up
with the idea of overlapping the second and up logs at an angle. This will allow each
log to balance on the shorter pieces (projecting from the embankment) in two places.
Thus a more stable wall. I'm thinking of strapping the logs together where they meet
for additional strength and stability. Hope this is clear. I could send a drawing or
a picture. Are such things OK on this list?

Jeffrey

--

Jeffrey Newman
My personal web site is at     http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Flats/5759/