sweet potato forage

FionaNyx FionaNyx at aol.com
Sun Jan 4 13:05:09 EST 1998

rvraders at tpgi.com.au (Rene and Lorraine van Raders) wrote:

"Subj:	 sweet potatoes as forage
We grow six varieties of sweet potatoes in inner zones.   We've found they
love well drained soils and doubt they would persist in really wet areas
with foraging as no tubers would be developed (I think they would rot).
But it's worth a small cautious trial, I suppose.  They certainly persist
in damp areas as vines when there's no grazing."

Why not plant tubers along the far side of a fence from the cattle?  The vines
that ramble through would be grazed & other vines would survive to
photosynthesize.